Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Unlawful Entry

Hey,

So we left the awesome Magnetic Island, and on the ferry back Craig gets signal for the first time and receives a voicemail. The voicemail said something along the lines of: "This is Travel Wheels, the police have been in touch, someone has broken into your van." Awesome.

So we hurried back to Helen, all of us realising that our passports were inside the van...as we approached her, i saw something laying down at the back of the van...my jeans. I dont know why.

They'd smashed the rear left window and got inside, threw a load of cushions about, ripped a mozzy net with a fork, then left...without taking the passports. I have no idea why they went in...perhaps they just really fancied a pillow fight.

So we had to do the old police station visit and file a report and what not. Very boring. Travel Wheels said we should go to a certain place to get it fixed...This was on a Saturday and it was closed til Monday. Great. So we spent two days doing nothing, just waiting for Monday morning to get the thing fixed...all the while dodging broken glass from inside the van. So Monday morning arrived, and as did we at the repair shop. "We dont have that particular window, so we'll put some plastic over it" .. That was worth two days wait.

We also had a massive scare in Townsville...we lost Betty. She was left under the van, and we drove off. I drove back when we realised but she was nowhere to be seen. Later that day, we went back again for a BBQ and I spotted her being played with by a family, so I wondered over and they kicked it to me before I even got near. Thank God we got her back.

So we drove to Cairns, stopping at Mission beach for a couple hours for a kick about and some sun bathing.

Arrived at sunny Cairns yesterday and had a free meal at Gilligans, which was part of our booking Fraser and Whitsundays. It was roast chicken legs, served with 16 peas and 4 little potato croquet things. Id describe it as a year 6 meal. We went to a BBQ and had snags for dessert.

One of the other windows in the van randomly smashed itself last night, so now theres even more glass to sleep on. Helen is falling apart, poor old girl. Not long til we give her back now, one week to be precise. Not sure how I feel about that, I mean I know I'll miss her, but even 10 bed dorms sound appealing at the moment...especially when I woke up sweating like a beast this morning, and barely being able to breathe. I looked fit.

Right, thats about it I think, hitting the pool a bit later then sorting out what we're doing up here, as there's too much to do and not enough time or money to do it all. Obviously going to do a reef dive, but will try to fit something awesome in to go with it.

Cheers,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment